Despite India's impressive economic growth over recent decades, the country continues to face challenges of poverty, illiteracy, corruption, malnutrition and terrorism. Approximately 70% of the country lives on less than U.S. $2.00 a day. Yet, India is a home to over 3 million NGOs. Many of these leaders are working tirelessly to improve the social conditions of the country.

"Introduction to Social Entrepreneurship: A Case Study of India" will challenge students to confront more advanced issues faced by today's social entrepreneurs. The field experience of the course will take students to Mumbai and India. Students will meet Social Entrepreneurs and NGOs working at all societal levels to understand grassroots' needs as well as the overall public health infrastructure in India.

Friday, August 03, 2012

Back after 2 days

After two days of being sick, I finally made it back with the group today. It may have been a bit ambitious, but a worthwhile experience. I have pages of thoughts to write, but I can barely keep my eyes open (it is only 8pm). Look out for more blogging and photos tomorrow from my day in the slums, and by that I mean my day in an open sewer that a few thousand people just happened to live in.

No comments:

Post a Comment